Variable data printing (VDP) has been gaining in popularity in recent years. Advances in technology have helped drive the price down, making this an effective and affordable way to really personalize your marketing efforts. With variable-data (aka variable information) printing, elements such as text, graphics or images may be changed from one printed piece to the next using information from a database or external file.
For example, if you are going to a trade show where your clients pre-register, you can import the attendee names (or their business name) into a spreadsheet and we can then take those name and incorporate them into a promotional giveaway for your trade show booth. Maybe a luggage tag with your company name and information on the front along with their name and address already printed on the back.
Name badges are perfect for variable data printing. Not only can you change the name on each badge, you can add a department, title or even a picture of the employee. These also work perfectly for convention or conference attendees.
Making direct mail more personal by incorporating the recepient name, community calendar of events, appointment reminder or even a map from their business or home to your location! The sky really is the limit with variable data printing and what can be done.
By creating a really personal piece, whether it’s a post card or a swag item, it increases the likelihood that the recipient will continue to use the product for many months or even years to come. Variable data come in many forms and is a unique way to make your advertising stand out. Variable data is much more than names and numbers. Here are some additional ways we can make your marketing really stand out:
- Consecutive numbering or bar codes can be added to Loyalty Cards and Key Tags to create a customized loyalty/reward program.
- Consecituve numbers can be used for an internal incentive program or for entry into an online contest
- Names and addresses can be added to full color bag tags to add a personal touch to your trade show invitation or your next corporate travel event
- personalized story packs for dimensional direct mail provides a number of targeting possibilities that can dramatically increase your response rate
- Variable data can also be used to incorporate a different graphic or logo on each piece to make the item even more appealing to the recipient
- Personalize an event badge with text or numbering and provide group segmentation (staff, security, exhibitor, attendee or VIP) using varied graphics and/or color schemes
Adding numbers, QR codes, bar codes and individual logos to items are all possible with variable-data printing.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you make your marking unique and customized so you really stand out with your clients and prospects.