Earth Day offers a great opportunity to promote conservation at home and at work. Even small changes make a huge impact on our environment so whether changes are made at home, in the community or in the workplace they all add up.
Tips to promote saving water:
- Take shorter showers- this can save 5 gallons or more
- Turn off water while brushing teeth- saves 3 gallons
- Water lawn in the morning- saves 25 galons
- Use a broom and not a hose- saves 150 gallons
5 Minute Shower timers are an excellent Earth Day giveaway to promote water conservation throughout the year. These are a natural tie in for water companies, apartment complexes, hotels and more.
Encourage Employees & Staff to Go Green
- Use lights only when you need them
- Turn off your computer at the end of the day
- Go paperless if & when possible
- Bring your own reusable beverage cup
- Carpool, use public transportation or bike to work when possible
Tie in both an Earth Day promotion and a conservation message with seed paper. The full color backing sheet can be custom printed with conservation tips and the shaped paper planted to grow earth friendly plants.
General Eco Friendly Tips
- Unplug appliances and chargers when you aren’t using them
- Use energy efficient light bulbs
- Keep tires fully inflated
- Program your thermostat
- Use reusable items when possible -shopping bags, water bottles, cleaning cloths, sponges etc.
Compressed sponges are an economical giveaway for community events, home & garden shows or Earth Day events. They also work well as direct mail pieces or envelope stuffers. Available in a variety of shapes.