We get it. Sometimes you have an event or need a large quantity of “something” to give away, yet you don’t want to spend a ton of money on each item. However, you want your swag to not be disposable. It needs to be a useful tchotchke, a trinket people will keep. No problem! At Barefoot Swag we have great ideas that won’t break the bank. Below are our top 10 swag ideas under a dollar.
1. Water bottles are useful, versatile and work for all age groups. Hand them out just as they are or insert some marketing materials, coupons or other swag items to create a whole package. You can even slap a label directly on the bottle and mail it just like you would an envelope, making it work for a direct mail piece too. Bottles are an obvious choice for giveaways at outdoor events, races and sporting events, but consider them for trade shows, swag bags and health and wellness promotions as well.
20 oz BPA free bottle
2. Clips. Chip clips, bag clips, memo clips, no matter what you call them and what they are used for, clips remain a popular and well received giveaway. Perfect for home shows, trade show and to promote a food related product lauch. Clips are a natural giveaway for any advertiser wanting a giveaway that will be used in the home for years to come. Add a magnet for even more staying power or choose a fun shape to fit your theme.
4″ chip clip
3. Tissue Packs. I have a few favorite swag items and this is at the top of my list. It’s not often you can find an item under a dollar that also allows your logo to be printed in full color. These tissue packs are small, lightweight, inexpensive and will be used! They make perfect giveaways for students on campus (or for parents dropping their freshmen off with a “don’t shed a tear” message), tradeshows, wellness programs (with a stay healthy message), funeral homes and more.
4. Sticky Notes or Post-It Notes. Sticky note pads are perfect for home or office so they make an excellent general giveaway. For the price, I think they give you an excellent “bang for your buck”. With an imprint on every sheet (and full color) and available in a variety of sizes, post-it notes are an economical proomotional item- and they make excellent envelope stuffers!
5. These flags almost fall into the same category as the post-its above, but because they have a different use they get their own bullet point. I love these as swag for college students, financial institutions (markers for signature lines on documents), anyone that needs to promote their goods or services to businesses or to anyone with a desk. They make handy, lightweight handouts at events or even a creative handout at networking events. These are available in a variety of styles and covers- just ask us about other options!
6. Microfiber Cloths. With so many touch screen devices in our lives, microfibers are a handy promo item to have around. I keep them all over the place- in the car, bedside table, desk, even in the kitchen. One is never enough! These microfiber cleaning cloths come in a plastic pouch with your one color logo on the pouch, however we can also imprint on the cloth itself if you would like. Let us know and we can price that for you as well.
7. Beeswax lipbalm. This is another personal favorite and the only lip balm I use. Available in 9 wonderful flavors and with SPF 15 this is a swag item that is appreciated year around. This one features a clear tube so the color of the balm shows through, but we also have white tubes and soy balm available for under $1 as well.
8. Hand sanitizer is a trade show must have. This convenient .5 oz size slips into a pocket or purse without being too heavy or bulky. Add your full color logo to the front label for a marketing item that will be used for a long time. Hand sanitizer makes an ideal giveaway during the winter months, but are used all year long by parents, travelers, trade show attendees and germaphobes worldwide.
9. Note takers delight! These small notebooks fit into a pocket, purse or drawer easily. This is another one of those classic swag items that works for pretty much everyone and still fits the budget!
10. Pens. I left these for last because they are pretty standard, but still one of our most popular items. There is a large selection of pens under $1. If you want us to narrow down the search, just let us know your preferences- grip, cap, color, stylus, retractable, etc and we will help you find exactly what you need.
Need more cool swag ideas under $1? Just call or email and we will put together ideas based on your needs and event.