Earlier we posted a blog that helped break down the various types of fabrics and explained the terms to help make it easier when shopping for apparel online (read the blog here). Today we are going to go a little more in depth to help you understand the various types of fibers and yarns that makes up the various fabrics.
- Cotton/Nylon: Known for its high strength, elasticity and abrasion resistance. It has a sofe hand and is low in absorbency.
- Microfiber: Super fine polyester yarn is durable with a smooth, soft hand. It is often treated to add water resistant properties. Frequently a heavier fabric when used for clothing, such as windshirts or for garments that are perfect for uniform programs in the service industry
- Nylon: High in strength, elasticity and abrasion resistance, low in absorbency. Coats and jackets, tote bags and backpacks are frequently nylon or have a nylon shell.
- Pima Cotton: Longer length cotton fiber makes it smoother and stronger than other cottons. Pima cotton has a soft hand.
- Rayon/Polynosic: Synthetic silk-like fabric blended with polyester for maximum shape retentiona nd wrinkle resistance.
- Ringspun Cotton: Spun for a smoother, softer feel as compared with open end cotton. You will notice this term often with T shirts, but also sweatshirts and polos.
- Silk/Cotton: Lightweight, soft feel of silk with the durability and care properties of cotton.
- Spandex/Lycra: Elastic yarn added to cotton or other yarns to add stretch properties.
- Tanguis Cotton: Long staple cotton is soft and smooth
Microfiber windshirt Nylon shell jacket Ringspun T Shirt Performance shirt w/ Spandex
Still not sure exactly what you need/want? Well, that’s what we are here for. At Barefoot Promotions Your Swag Connection we can make suggestions based on your need and budget. Let us help you select the rigtht garments for your corporate branding- whether you just want some shirts for a trade show or if need a uniform program for you whole staff.