- Interlock: A firm, double-knit fabric. Both sides of the fabric look the same. You will find this term used often with polos and athletic apparel.
- Jersey: Single knit construction with rows of vertical loops on the face and rows of horizontal half-loops on the back that results in a durable, soft hand and beautiful drape. This feels very much like t-shirt material
- Pique: Knit fabric with tuck stitches resulting in a textured surface. Used frequently in polo shirts.
- Oxford: Tightly woven construction of fine yarns resulting in a clean, crisp appearance. Button up dress shirts are often made of oxford material.
- H2O Moisture Wicking: 60% combed cotton/40% polyester plaited fabric moves moisture quickly through the inner polyester layer to the surface where it can evaporate away. This fabric has been all the rage for the last few years and has made its way from mainly T’s to polo shirts, 1/4 zips and beyond.
- Twill: Diabonal weave generally runs upward from left to right for a strong, durable and firm fabric. Most commonly seen in hats and aprons, however lighterweight versions of twill are used for button up shirts that are perfect for employees uniform programs.
- Stretch Poplin: Tight, natural weave combined with spandex for stretch and a better fit. A perfect fabric for uniforms that look nice but still allow for easy movement such as food service or hospitality.
- French Terry: A looped back knitted fabric that can be sheared to make into fleece. This is a “step up” from traditional sweatshirt material and works well for resort wear and resale.
- Performance Mesh: a regular interval weave that promotes maximum stretch and air ventilation. Promotes moisture wicking and helps the wearer feel cooler. These are most likely a polyester material.
- Jacquard: A jersey fabric with a more complex needle selection that results in an eye-catching patterned surface effect. Most common on polo shirts with a more upscale appearance.
Now that you are well versed in what all these terms mean, check out some of the options on our website, or simply call or email so we can put together options that will work best for your branding and staff recognition needs.
Interlock Knit Polo Oxford Button Up French Terry 1/4 zip Performance Mesh T Shirt